Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Gentle Kiss

I woke to the sound of leaves dancing in the breeze outside my window, leaves swishing on their branches in a struggle with the wind. Hurricane Irene brought us thick clouds and a blustery day, but no rain. We were, as Pastor said this morning, "kissed by the outer edge of the storm." I would have to say it was a rather gentle kiss. Late this evening the sun peeked through the western sky and it looks like we have another beautiful week ahead.

My two cozy coupe cars were blown off the front porch of Hannah's Place in a gust of wind today. They lay asleep, waiting for someone to turn them upright once again. My yard is scattered with Sassafras leaves and dead sticks blown out of trees in the wind.

I am expecting children this week, mostly grandchildren. I am slightly tired just thinking about it, but maybe that is just because today was such a sleepy day to begin with. In a few days I will have a small, warm granddaughter to cuddle, a couple of boys to chase, and somebody to bake cookies for. Good thing we replenished our coffee supply this afternoon. I'm going to need to stay awake!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you only got a kiss! And not even a wet slobbery one! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was actually a really nice kind of day, if you had your hair tied up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen those little kids in ages! I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love gentle kisses. :) Where we were camping they got 1.38 inches of rain, and we didn't get a drop here. I'm glad we left early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the storm mostly passed you by. Enjoy your time with your little visitors.

    ReplyDelete