Friday, August 26, 2011

A Rare Event

No small children showed up at my door this morning. I stayed in bed, savoring the moments. Soon I will rise early every morning to once again greet little ones. My "garden" will be smaller this year, just two small sprouts 3 or 4 days a week, and a day full of grandchildren on Wednesdays. I glanced at the clock early this morning and decided I should stay in bed just a little bit longer,.. while I had the chance. It was nice.

Anxiety has plagued me the past few days, grabbing me in the middle of the night and sending my heart into palpitations for no apparent  reasons throughout the day. I've not been sleeping much at night and yet find myself falling asleep during the daytime. It's brain overload. Sometimes being wife/mom/daughter/teacher/caretaker/Power of Attorney catches up to me and I lose my focus. I forget to pray...


This afternoon I met up with James in Webster. We ran some errands and then went out to lunch. I came home feeling relaxed and much less stressed, and took a walk around my yard with my camera. We had an easy supper, corn on the cob and sandwiches, and then Ben and I took a ride halfway to Canandaigua to retrieve Hannah who had stayed overnight with her cousins. Tomorrow morning we go to soccer practice and then have an adoption party to attend in the evening. My little friend "Vinegar" and his baby sister will be the center of attention. I am blessed.


2 comments:

  1. helllo, all is looking good at your place, I have been sleeping in my recliner... it shoulder hurts to lay flat. not much sleeping but the I can tell you the automatic sprinkler system schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judi, you have been on my heart and in my prayers. Honestly, I think of you and Carl often.

    ReplyDelete