Friday, August 19, 2011

La-la Land

I suppose allergy season is upon us. The fall allergy season that is, the one with ragweed and such. The time of year when the urge to pick one's nose is all but overwhelming, and if one is honest, sometimes it is overwhelming... Tissue must be kept close at hand, or at least hand sanitizer.  It is the season of daytime naps and sleepless nights. A season of forcibly dragging one's body about because it won't go willingly. Of course, the lethargy won't last forever. The body does acclimate to such attacks, though somewhat reluctantly. Eventually I will once again find that several doses of caffeine throughout the day is not altogether necessary. Perhaps I shall once again desire long orchard walks or hikes about the countryside. (And all this has absolutely nothing to do with monkeys playing checkers... )

It's been an odd week... Sleepless nights,...  no telephone for several days and no computer for several more... a friend almost killed in a motorcycle accident... a Facebook feud... No wonder I'm tired.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my fall allergies kick in a bit later...they haven't hit me yet. Ugh. Seems like I just recovered from the spring ones! The goldenrod was just horrible this year.

    Something hits Spencer every year when he starts school. I don't know if it's a cleaner they use before school starts or a tree there that we don't have. Not looking forward to that. It's a horrible way for him to start the school year each August.

    hope the friend is ok.
    can't stand facebook...lol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, I previously preferred blogger, and I think I still do, but find it lonely sometimes... Not sure how the friend thing will go. We've faced many differences in the past and she has had more than enough challenges for one lifetime. I pray one day she finds the peace we all so desperately need.

    ReplyDelete