Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Jaded Again

I may have killed my Jade plant. It was top-heavy, broken, and ugly. It may remain broken and ugly forever, but I'll give it a chance to grow again before I give up and toss it out. If the rain that soaked my cuttings today doesn't kill them, I'll have more baby Jades than I know what to do with anyway.

It's been a trying day. One of the toughest I've faced in a long time and it had nothing to do with my mom. No details for now, just one unspoken prayer request and another for a restful night. God is good. I'm so grateful He holds us and those we love in the palm of His hand. Where would we be without Him?

9 comments:

  1. My beautiful jade got a fungus. It turned fuzzy grey and withered in a matter of days. :(

    So very sorry you had a terrible day. I had about 3 of those in a row 2 weeks ago. So emotionally stressful. Praying for you right now. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Betsy.

    Wish I could send you one of my babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sI'm sorry that you had such a bad day, Martha:-( I am praying for you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not good to be jaded. I love you my dearest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was growing up, my mom had a beautiful jade that we named Jeremy. He lasted through a couple of moves, but Arizona did him in. He just couldn't take the heat...literally.

    Hoping that your week improves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am counting my blessings and keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen, I thin Jeremy is a perfect name for a Jade.

    Thank you, Heather, Rachel Kristen, James, and Bethany. Today was much better.

    ReplyDelete