Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lazy, Last Days of Summer

I must have thrown my neck out tossing and turning last night. Today was not one of my better days, not only was I tired from lack of sleep, but I probably could have used a good crack from the local chiropractor as well. I toughed it out with ibuprofen instead. I am expecting a much better day tomorrow and maybe by the end of the week I'll be able to turn my head and look over my left shoulder once again.

Yesterday we had fun feeding the birds down at the bay. It was one of the most beautiful late summer days and perfect for heading down to the lake. We even took the time to walk all the way out the pier to the little lighthouse. Only one thing could have made it better, enough time to put my feet into that cool lake water. I have yet to make my way to the actual beach. I must put that on my Do It Soon! list or it won't be happening at all.

The New York State Fair has begins tomorrow. Hannah and I are hoping to make a visit on Student Day next Friday. I am a cheapskate when it comes to the fair and Hannah can get in free that day. By the end of next week the sand sculpture will be completed and the animal husbandry folks will be sick of the whole deal. We'll buy a $.25 cup of chocolate milk, polish off a baked potato, and search out the player piano and baby calves. We'll do some wandering and maybe take in some entertainment before heading for home again.


Tonight we cooked up some corn on the cob from a local farm stand. I'm pretty sure C&C Farms has the best sweet corn in the entire state of NY. Must be all the apple sludge they dump on their fields from the local Mott's applesauce plant. I don't know if it's even possible to eat too much sweet corn. I sure hope not because it has to be one of my all time favorites, especially the white and yellow Butter and Sugar kind. It's so good it doesn't even need salt! I'd even eat it for dessert!!!

5 comments:

  1. you guys do such fun things too.
    Well, except the neck thing. That isn't fun at all.
    Have fun at the fair. I should take my kids sometime. When you can guide me through it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I'm a very good guide. I've only been there a handful of times myself. My favorite is the player piano.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you on the corn thing!! Yum! I hope your neck feels better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Martha for finding that link to the Half-Moon! I'm glad to know what that boat was. Hope your neck feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome Lori. And thanks, I'm feeling much better today!

    ReplyDelete