Saturday, August 27, 2011

Party Day

Late this afternoon there was a party. Friends and family gathered to celebrate the adoption of two beautiful children, one for whom I have prayed since last August. The wait is finally over and I can't tell you how very blessed I am to have witnessed this story as it unfolded. We've come to truly love this little boy.


We arrived at the church just as the party was beginning, in fact, his mom pulled in the parking lot just after us. Vinnie looked a little bewildered as to why Hannah and I were there.
"Hi!" I said.
"Bup," he answered as he held his sippy cup up for me to see.
"Bub," said I as I held up my cup.
I held his hand while Mommy took baby sister out of the car, and then Hannah carried him into the church.

We shared a prayer and some food. The children played outside while baby sister was passed to various friends and relatives. Hannah, all too willing, played outside with her little friend. She didn't have much competition for his attention and soaked up all the time she was allowed.I think he liked it too, after all, he does love Hannah.

How do these little people work their way so quickly into our hearts and lives? I feel so incredibly blessed to have been entrusted with his care and I know Hannah is blessed too.

(He was wearing clothes at the party. These pictures were taken back in July when we stopped at his house. It was hot and he was almost ready for bed.)

1 comment: