Friday, January 01, 2010

There is Nothing New

That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done, And there is nothing new under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 1:9

It has been an exceedingly long week and I am looking forward to Sunday when a new week begins and the old schedule resumes. In with the new, and back to the old. Kind of funny way to look at it, but the holidays have worn me out and left me longing for what often has seemed mundane and redundant. Next week I will drag myself out of bed before dawn, sit in my blue chair with a small child on my knee as I chase the sleep from my eyes, and venture out into the cold to nursery school twice a day three times a week.

I have made no New Year's resolutions this time around, but am eager for our church's annual fast to begin. I must have gained a hundred pounds in the past week. I need an escape from the cookies, cakes, and candies I had so carefully avoided throughout so much of the year but have fallen head over heels for since Christmas Eve. Coffee has crept back in also this past month and my night time sleep has been suffering for all the sugar and caffeine.

Ahh, maybe I do have a New Year's resolution and it just proves the fact that "there is nothing new under the sun"...

5 comments:

  1. Hi Martha ~~ I too am feeling the confort eating of this entire year.

    Will be good to get back into normal routines. My Christmas decorations are back in the garage, and the house looks suprisingly clean. Don said, the the living room just get bigger?

    Martha, would you consider being a contributer on the Daily Prayer Blog with me and Kansas Bob and several others. There are several days open, and after reading your prayer yesterday, and other prayers you have shared think it would be great it you could take a day. Let me know, and I will get you the details.

    Love and Hugs
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to be steadfast in your beliefs when the devil offers up chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judi, the devil is always offering up some tasty trifle. The trick is in realizing that what he offers is really poison.

    Wanda, I will consider and pray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Martha!! 100 pounds??? You really hide it well since I just saw you a few days ago;) I do know what you mean about a schedule. I so enjoy having the time "off", but I enjoy getting back into our routine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to the routine, too as the boys go back to school on Monday. I don't know if I'll cry tears of delight or dance a jig! ha.

    I think we're all in the same boat when it comes to the holiday eating! We better behave or it's gonna sink! LOL!

    ReplyDelete