Monday, January 11, 2010

Shirt-Tale Relatives

The internet is an interesting tool. Just before Christmas I got a Facebook friend request from someone with the last name of Teal. She appeared to be collecting Teals as friends which I thought was kind of fun. Although Sarah and I don't appear to be related, I have since connected with a few other Teals, all from the same area of Ontario, Canada as my in laws. Today one of them and I made the connection and decided we are actually related after all.
It all goes back to the man who once lived in this small cabin and his brood of thirteen offspring. So, my new friends and my children actually do have the same German ancestors who once lived in the Hudson Valley in NY state. Since I had sent for a family history almost twenty years ago, it wasn't too hard to find the connection. It was almost too easy.

3 comments: