Saturday, May 23, 2009

Let the Picnics Begin!

It's time for picnincs and outdoor gatherings. This morning we worked out in the yard and then headed over to Casey Park for a picnic with some of our friends from church. It was the perfect day to play outside, the perfect day for a walk in the woods along the water, and the perfect day to get a sunburn. (That's what Hannah did.)

Casey Park is somewhat unique. The water there is not a creek or river and not really a pond either. It is and empty ore bed, years ago mined for iron. This particular ore bed is about 2 miles long. People swim here on the eastern end and often rent canoes to paddle the distance to the other end and back. It is also stocked with fish. Not far from home and yet we seldom go there.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Martha, I am so ready for a Picnic. We walked through my friend's garden this past trip up north, and she had little watermelons growing... I posted her garden today as I just love seeing fresh veggies growing. She gave me a bag of yellow crooked neck squash....Can't wait to fix some.

    Loved all your pictures and posts I missed while on our trip.

    LOL:Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful peaceful relaxing day with friends!

    You are off to a great start on the weekend.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOw gorgeous! I so wish I could be there with you. I dream of traveling the states and coming and meeting all of my fellow bloggers. I think we would officially meet at this place!

    ReplyDelete