Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I Feel Like a Popsicle!


Melting, melting! Remember the witch from the Wizard of Oz? I wonder if this is how she felt...

We are now experiencing the heat wave that hit the midwest last week. It is definately very warm and with all the rain that we have had this summer, it's very humid too. It's a "stay in the house and sit in front of the fan" kind of day. We don't have an air conditioner and I'm not feeling quite like walking around in the store or sitting in the library, so here I am with the fan. It feels really good on my feet!

But.. come to think of it, I need to have something to feed people for supper tonight. Maybe I need to make a trip to the store after all... (and maybe I'll buy some popsicles!)

6 comments:

  1. I told Jessi we needed popsicles today too. LOL. I guess I had better get to the store ASAP... on a day like today they are likely to sell out fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did Seabreeze today and only put on 15 sunscreen because that was the highest I had. We burned, and now I feel like a lobster (not a bee anymore). We had a great time, spending the majority of our time at the waterpark. Now we're going out to get something to eat because it's too hot to grill and we don't have air conditioning either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to be at Seabreeze on a day like this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sea Breeze is a local amusement park. They have rides and water slides and, of course, all kids love them.

    ReplyDelete