Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Cooling Off (I Hope... )

Today was another ferociously hot day. While the kids were at VBS I decided that after I picked them up we should head someplace cool for a while, so we met James and Nathan for lunch at DeBella's and had subs. The restaurant was wonderfully cool after spending the morning in my hot house. The thermostat on my dining room wall was still reading 83 degrees this morning and I had no idea of how to cool the house down. Should I open the windows and hope for a breeze or close them and try to keep today's heat out? I opted to close the windows and go out for several hours. It is supposed to cool off tonight but along with the cooler air will come more rain and thunderstorms. We're trying so hard to keep that big puddle from collecting in the back yard but it just doesn't want to stay away. I'm beginning to think we should just dig a pond and stock it with fish!

3 comments:

  1. And you should make it so we can go swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and we could have a flock of geese and maybe a boat to floar around in. Mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "floar"? I meant to say float.

    ReplyDelete