Friday, August 25, 2006

Dressed to ...

Last week I finally put in an order for our school books and along with them I ordered a couple of others, "Secret Keeper- The Delicate Power of Modesty" and "Christian Modesty and the Public Undressing of America". The first is written by a woman and the second by a man. I have found both, while somewhat distressing, to be quite eye opening. Sometimes while reading I have felt defensive although I'm not always sure why. I have much more of a tendancy to keep myself covered than most women so my own defensiveness is somewhat surprising even to myself. Could it be that deep down inside I have never really delt with the heart of the issue either?

5 comments:

  1. Maybe I'll read them when I get a chance. That's probably a good thing for me to remember to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they definitely make you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in reading them too. I'm concerned about my teaching modesty to my girls. Am I doing enough? Are they getting the seriousness of it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. After Priscilla, it's my turn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. I gave tehm both to Bethany this afternoon. I'll pass them your way when they come back in.

    ReplyDelete