Monday, August 28, 2006

A Reminder

I was reminded today that I am bought with a price, I am not my own, and neither is my time. My plans for today included staying home, doing some cleaning, a little laundry, some general straightening up, and maybe pulling out our school books and making some plans for next week. I also need to rewrite Nathan's final quarter report from last year. But these were not to be today as the Lord had different plans for me.

Today I gave a friend a ride to the emergency department (he wasn't feeling well) and told him I would come back in a couple of hours to see how he was doing. When I returned they had moved him into the trauma unit because he was having a heart attack!

These incidents have a way of making step back and ask "how willing am I to drop everything and change my plans (without grumbling) when the Lord calls?" I have tendency to forget that life is temporary whether it regards me or someone else. Today I pray that I would be more willing to give my life to the Lord and follow where He leads.

6 comments:

  1. It's a good reminder for us when these things happen, of the frailness of life. Thanks for sharing. I'll pray for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good reminder. Do I know RC? If I do, I can't think of who it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow...how scary. I'm glad you were there for. No matter what your plans were for the day...you were right where you were supposed to be. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. How's RC doing? Any updates??

    ReplyDelete
  5. No updates yet. I think James and I will stop to visit him this afternoon. I am currently trying to get some information to his kids. Not an easy task.

    ReplyDelete