Friday, January 22, 2016

A Few Straggling Thoughts

I often find it hard to articulate in writing what I want my reader to hear or understand. In the same way, I can find it difficult to always accurately determine the intention of the written words of others. This is especially difficult if I have never met the writer face to face. When I can't hear inflections, see expressions, or read the tone of voice, the interpretation is partially a guess on my part. I am left to determine the intention of the author on the basis of my own perspective.

I have made some great friends in my years of blogging. I've had some misunderstandings, but thankfully haven't lost many friends to anything other than the fact that they lost interest in keeping a blog. But Blogdom comes with the same risks as any other friendship, and every once in a while hurtful or annoying comments come. I pray on my end, that I learn to love and forgive because I may never really know or understand what the person next to me is dealing with, much less those on the other side of a computer screen.

Sometimes what I blog is positive and sometimes I struggle. I try hard to be real without whining, but I'm far from perfect. I realize you all have your own personal struggles and that some of those struggles far outweigh what I might be facing, but I want you to know that if you are facing heartache or hardship, I've been there too. When I bleed (and I do sometimes), it comes out red just like when you bleed. I'm not looking for perfection in my friends, just a heart that is willing to love me along with my flaws, and to forgive me when I stumble along the way. Maybe even a hand when I've lost my footing, and I'll be here to do the same for you.

1 comment: