Sunday, August 03, 2014

Tablecloth

Some- times Pinterest works out well. This was one of those times. I followed a link with instructions on getting the yellow out of bedroom pillows and decided to toss a hand-crocheted tablecloth in the mix. I'd been previously reluctant to wash it, but the pillows were going in regardless and it was a beautiful day for hanging the tablecloth out on the line to dry afterward.

Given to me by "Gramma Gail" (my ML's childhood best friend) back in January, and beautiful in spite of the stains. It's even more beautiful now and if we ever find time to refinish my mother's dining room table, I know where it will find a permanent home.

7 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! So glad the washing tip worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martha...
    What was the washing tip?
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put them in with 1 cup powdered dish washing detergent, 1 cup borax, 1 cup regular bleach, and a dose of laundry detergent as well. Worked like a charm. Well, pretty much. The pillows weren't perfect, but they were close.
      :0)

      Delete
    2. Good to know!
      I have borax...I add it to the cottage sheets!
      Hahaha!

      Delete
    3. In the wash, that is!
      Gives a really fresh scent.....

      Delete
    4. It seemed like a lot of stuff to dump in the machine, but it did work.
      :0)

      Delete