Saturday, August 02, 2014

A Short Sister Escape...

....Not that the sisters were short or anything.

Hannah and Bethany had plans to run errands together today, so I decided to call my own sister. "Do you have any hazelnut coffee?" I asked her. Rachel wasn't busy, she had hazelnut coffee, and she was only minutes away. I soon found myself knocking on her front door.

We sat at her kitchen table, drank hot coffee, and laughed as she finished my sentences for me. (Sisters will do that...) It was such a beautiful day that we decided to venture out into the big world and find something fun to do.

I knew that replica's of Columbus ships were in town so we took a ride to the Port Of Rochester and toured two small ships that scarcely seemed seaworthy. Did you know the 26 man crew all slept and lived on deck during their 30 day voyages?

It doesn't take long to walk about the decks of two ships as small as those belonging to Christopher Columbus, so after disembarking, we took a long walk down a long pier. (Ha! You thought I was going to say "off a short pier," didn't you?)


We took selfies, several of them, and then,







because we are both young at heart, we bought tickets to ride the Merry-go-round at Charlotte Beach. (That's in Rochester and pronounced Shar-lot.)


We consid- ered having ice cream for lunch, because Abbott's Original is right there, and it would have made a wonderful conclusion to our trip, but we opted for something healthier, and not much more expensive, and found ourselves back at Panera Bread.



6 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! Love it! Glad you're getting out and about...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a nice outing. Not too many people and not overwhelmingly hot. Yes, I've determined to have some fun while I still can.
      :0)

      Delete