Saturday, March 23, 2013

And a Birthday to Boot!

Yup, I did it again. I had another birthday, and to help me celebrate, the kids had a day off school. Rather than one small child for the entire day, I had five children of varying sizes. Two little girls arrived with a gift of pumpkin oatmeal muffins made by their daddy, a whole stack! I baked white cupcakes and when Bethany arrived in the afternoon with some confectioner's sugar, the treats were topped with fruity, pink frosting and sprinkles. (A little Kool-Aid in the frosting makes cupcakes fun!)

It was a busy, noisy day full of too many treats and wonderful baby snuggles, but Bethany, wanting to make my birthday special, had another treat up her sleeve. She and Hannah took me out to see "The Sound of Music" at the local high school. What fun! I really should patronize their shows more often. The cast gave an excellent performance and we even got a hug from a happy, smiling, Mother Abbas on our way out the door.

My Darling, also wanting to make the evening special, took on the very brave job of keeping two small grandsons while we were gone to the show. He did a stellar job! Jakie-the-miracle-boy had his first taste of avocado while we were gone. Hasn't that baby got a wonderful grandpa? (We were out of applesauce and half a banana just wasn't enough.) Jakie was all smiles when we returned and so was Josh.

And now, since I am still counting backward, I am all the way back down to being 41 again.


6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Martha!!!!!
    Looks like you had a great day...
    So nice of your daughter to go the extra mile...for her dear "old" mom!!

    Enjoy the rest of your day!!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a nice day full of celebrations! I hope you felt special! xo

    41??? No fair! I'm going to start counting backward, too! lol....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Counting backward just may have been my best idea ever! I'm wondering if I can just stay in a holding pattern once I get back down to forty. It sounds like a pretty good age to stay.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great birthday to me!

    ReplyDelete