Thursday, March 07, 2013

Thursday Thirteen

Today was refreshingly different from most weekdays. It started out the same, but progressed in a different direction. Rather than spending unheard of hours at the computer, I did some other things.

1. Put in a load of laundry.
2. Rocky helped me stir up a boxed mix of blueberry muffins (with real blueberries).
3. We had some visitors this morning. My sister Rachel and her son Steve came for a visit.
4. Washed dishes.
5. I put a braid in my hair, a feeble attempt to tame my long and unruly locks.
6. Baked pumpkin muffins (again).
7. Mixed up a batch of gluten free sandwich bread.
8. Dug a partial skein of yarn out of the closet and found the knitting needles I bought a few weeks ago.
9. Watched a YouTube video on learning to knit. (This did involve the computer, but it was a little different than checking Facebook or email.)
10. Practiced "casting on".
11. Did a bit of knit stitch and found that maybe I do remember what I learned in fifth grade.
12. Pulled out all my stitches multiple times and did them over again. (It is looking improved upon each successive attempt.)
13. Watched Jeopardy with Hannah.

I didn't stay off the computer altogether, but my day was more varied than usual and it felt good. Tomorrow the girls have a half day of school. I'm thinking maybe we'll make chocolate chip cookies.

4 comments:

  1. what a fun day! My neighbor said she would teach me to knit! I just might take her up on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few friends that could teach me if I only had the free time to get away. Maybe one day I'll find a friend to knit with, but for now I'm going to keep practicing. And you should take your friend's offer. We could learn "together". :)

      Delete
  2. That was a busy day...
    In a good way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good and busy day.
      Tomorrow will be another busy day. I hope it's good too. :0)

      Delete