Monday, March 04, 2013

The Quiet Day

Only school kids today. I put two on the bus and one got off this afternoon after school. I've done some laundry, some dishes, and a bit of vacuuming and dusting. I took a nap, an early one, before lunch. I took a phone call, checked my emails, and played with Facebook. There is some beef and broth simmering on the stove. It will be made into soup or stew for this evening's dinner. Oh yes, I've dropped medicine in Mom's eyes too, and stoked the fire, but it's been a quiet day. Well, mostly. I did run the vacuum cleaner and that was noisy. Maybe I ought to wash the kitchen floor, and fold the rest of the laundry...

4 comments:

  1. sounds like a wonderful day!

    my kitchen floor is a mess....some day this week I'm going to mop it. ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My day was productive. Tomorrow I plan to be at Ladies' Prayer. (I actually made it to church last night and I felt so much better today.)

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy reading your thoughts, Martha...
    You have a way with words...
    And I like it!

    Love the new header!!!!
    I think I will try changing my background again and see what happens...couldn't be any worse!!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, it is always nice to see your comments here too. Blogging is more fun when we have friends to converse with.

      I hope you get you blog changes figured out.

      Delete