Monday, March 11, 2013

Scaredy-Cat

I don't post many pictures of Little Cat, although she is quite sweet and beautiful. She was born in our other house on September 1, 2000 while James and I were gone to Pensacola, Florida with our oldest son Jim. We arrived home several days later to a small heard of kittens living in our kitchen. James and I often turned off the lights at night and listened to seven kitties tearing through the house in the dark.

My wonderful children, especially Dave, helped find homes for six of the little furballs, and Gloria, heretofore known as "Little Cat" (because she was at that time the smallest, and I didn't like the name Gloria), found a home right here with us. She is the low man on the totem pole as Oreo and Sofie boss her about. She spends most of her time outside or hiding in an out of the way spot, especially when kids are around, but this morning, since there were no children to be found, she snuggled up for a visit with Grandma.

My cats are all getting old. It's kind of hard to believe Little Cat is twelve years old already. It seems like she was born just yesterday.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't she sweet!

    And I can relate to a herd of cats galloping in the night! ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betsy, sometimes I actually miss the sound of little kitty feet running through the house at night. It always made me smile. :)

      Delete
  2. She always runs away when she sees me. I must be scary. :\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very scary, Rachel.

      Perhaps, if you were to come in and sit a spell, and the house was quiet and still, then she would maybe, perhaps, think you are okay.

      Delete
  3. What a great picture, Martha...
    Your Mom and Little Cat look very content...

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I was very pleased with how this picture turned out. :0)

      Delete