Saturday, June 02, 2012

The Countdown

Although I have two married children already, I have not yet had an as-it-happens wedding tale to share, so this will be a first. In just one short week, we will welcome a second daughter in law into our family. Nate and Sabrina are getting married. Although plans have been in place for months upon months, it still feels strange to think the day is almost upon us.

This will be a day of joy and sadness; joy at gaining Sabrina and the celebration surrounding the newly married couple, and sadness that Dave and Leta will not be there to share the event. We are not a perfect family. We struggle and endure pain just like everyone else we know... :'(

Jim will flying home for the wedding and he is bringing his new girlfriend, Michele. We are all looking forward to meeting her. If it weren't for the wedding, I'd say this might be the highlight of the weekend. :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear...sorry some will not be attending. I thought things like this only happened in my family. lol. I say concentrate on the happy and don't let anything spoil it. Others have to live with their choices.

    I love the sign about choosing a seat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you this week as you deal with all of those big emotions:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, the joy and pain of weddings! Strange how this type of event can cause both emotions at the same time.

    I hope all goes well and you can focus on the joyful parts.

    God bless the event and all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The joys and sorrows of life...they hang on don't they.

    But your sign is just delightful. I love it.

    We have two grandchildren in serious relationships...we may have some weddings in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grrrr. Okay, got that out of the way, now whatcha gona wear? (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Martha. I hate that there has to be a negative in this.
    I'm excited that you get another daughter, though.
    I can't wait to see your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete