Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Intense

It has been an intensely sleepy week. My Darling had an appointment yesterday morning at the hospital. I went along and had an absolutely terrible time keeping my eyes open and head upright. I desperately wanted to find a dark quiet corner to curl myself into, but it was not to be. Instead I sipped my coffee and hoped the fatigue would eventually dissipate. Today I woke bright and early, showered, and found myself presentable when Emma arrived. I even poured my coffee early, but the sleepies made a return visit and I collapsed on the couch.

Mid afternoon I wandered outside to find something to distract my tired mind, a flower garden full of weeds stared at me from the corner of the house. It looked just as overwhelming as it did last week, but today I opted to see if any improvements could be made. These things can't be ignored forever, even if it is allergy season. I think I put a pretty good dent in the weed population. Now if only they weren't quite so prolific.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...yes, I think you made a good dent in that! wow. haha.

    You had an immensely busy week last week...with stresses good and bad. Your body and mind need to crash this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad my garden isn't magically beautiful now. :(

    ReplyDelete