Monday, June 04, 2012

Perspective

I stood at the end of the driveway with Emma this morning. As we waited for the school bus to come over the hill, we watched the barn swallows soar and dive over the field across the street and back into our yard again. I can't help but think that barn swallows must be one of God's happiest creatures. Flight to them is like a dance, full of swoops and curves, twists and turns, and when they chance to sit on a wire to rest, they chirp and twitter. I find myself enchanted by their simple cheeriness.

It is a dark, quiet, rainy kind of day. I've already done the dishes and washed both the kitchen and the bathroom floors. For some reason "Que Sera Sera" has been running through my simple brain. It was on the radio one morning last week and keeps coming back to me. (It's James' fault. He set the radio station.) Somehow it makes me smile.

My Thankful List continues to grow, but I'm not sure if I am really doing it justice. I think I need a bright colored pack of sticky notes to write on as I go through my days....

- half a dozen jade plants
- barn swallows in the rain
- clean floors!
- unexpected day off
- peonies blooming

5 comments:

  1. The sticky notes is a fantastic idea!! I adore sticky notes and especially brightly colored ones or ones with different shapes:-) Staples has a very nice assortment of sticky notes if you are so inclined that you do indeed need some:-) (If you are inclined, I am very close by, so you should pick me up so I can go with you;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me about my list. I need to start looking around and noticing again. Thank you for reminding me to be thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Martha, I was just picturing your house with thousands of bright colored post it notes shouting out your thankfulness.


    I'm still working on mine...sometimes days go by..and I have blessings but forget to jot them down...maybe I need postit notes, HaHa

    ReplyDelete
  4. good perspective!
    lookin' up shot of the flower. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankful lists help a lot.
    I like the idea of bright notes. Or at least bright pens.
    I need to follow your example and work on more Thank Yous. Thanks for the encouragement, Martha.

    ReplyDelete