Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Big Sigh ... (ahhhh....)

Just a few more days until the big event, my son's wedding. I wasn't feeling anxious until tonight. Perhaps it is the beautiful dress my husband just bought me. *gulp*  Yes, I really did wait until the last minute to find something. Things like "mother's dresses" should really be decided on when the girls buy their dresses, don't you think? I am fighting that tendency toward tension that likes to run down the center of my back and tie me up in knots. I am learning, rather slowly, to reach for the Lord's hand when this feeling comes over me and He has been so good.

Last night was the wedding rehearsal. Due to complications with scheduling, we decided to forgo the usual Rehearsal Dinner, and donate what would have gone to that toward the Reception. (The bridal party went to Appleby's last night... or at least those who were available.) It's hard to tell what is "the right thing" to do anymore and had it not been for the impossibility of using the church Friday night, we would have done the usual dinner.

It's hard to believe my boy will soon be a married man. He was just a little guy hanging on my knees and trying his dad's underwear on his head...

7 comments:

  1. It's hard to believe he's getting married. It doesn't seem so long ago I was holding him above my head talking baby talk to him when he suddenly did a big drool right in my mouth, blech! Haha! Time sure does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, that answers my question what you are wearing. Does it have stays to support your back? (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll wear under armor and that will keep everything in place. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deep breaths, prayers, focusing on the joy of the occasion... you'll do great! (I made it through Matthew's May 5 wedding. Now if we can just get everything pulled together for Trina's June 30!) I know what you mean about not knowing what's the "right thing" any more. But in the long run, all that matters by the end of the day is that they said "I do!"
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Joeks, plenty of deep breaths. We're almost there now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will he be wearing underwear on his head while saying his vows...? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, M! I sure hope not!!!

    ReplyDelete