Tuesday, June 19, 2012

W is for ....

W is for wedding. (Surprised?)

There is nothing quite like watching one's own child get married. Somehow, those are the most beautiful of ceremonies and this past wedding was no less beautiful than the weddings of my other two children. I loved the ceremony, I loved the cookie reception afterward, and I loved the small "mostly family" dinner reception.

I loved the dancing. I loved watching my son and his bride dance, I loved watching the wedding party dance, and I loved watching my kids and husband dance. Maybe I even loved winning the longest married couple dance ... :)

My son is young, his new wife is young, and they are very much in love. They have a lifetime of possibilities ahead. I think I am going to love watching them grow together for a very long time.

For more ABC Wednesday fun, click here.

12 comments:

  1. Nothing as lovely as a wedding.. Love the dancing, so special. What a darling couple.

    Don was able to be Pastor and Father to marry two of our girls and our son..the othe daughter eloped! Some of my favorite events..the marriage of our kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a beautiful wedding indeed! I love the top picture in this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda, it must be extra special when Dad is also the pastor who officiates. I am curious though, who asks the question, "Who gives this woman?"

    Heather, I must give credit to the photographer. She did a beautiful job with this photo, and I can't wait to see the CD and buy a copy of this one. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all mushy for weddings and it is so wonderful to see everyone so happy.
    Love your pictures.
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WONDERFUL wedding photos!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO sweet! I never tire of wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, so nice to hear good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely wedding photos.

    White Eggplant
    Rose, ABC Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a wedding is one of the family's greatest celebrations. congratulations and best wishes to your son and his bride.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a beautiful day, everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's about time to offer us a few more pictures.
    BEAUTIFUL. :)

    ReplyDelete