Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Wiped Out

It has been a long an emotional few days. Perhaps there is a light at the end of the tunnel after all, but it is going to take my eyes a few days to recover. (Tears do this...) I figured I'd post tonight because I'm not sure I will be able to pry my eyes open in the morning. In the end, God is still good. I hugged my son today for the first time in over a month. Though wounds remain raw on both sides, there is hope, and hope will also help me rest. Thank you for your prayers. (And thank you to a wise pastor who helped us through a very difficult afternoon.)

A big wind is blowing outside. I sleep well during storms, so maybe while others lie awake in bed listening to the wind, I will be sound asleep.

The picture? Oh yeah, it makes me smile. I need something to make me smile. A friend of Grandmanita's sent it to her because it made the friend think of her and I have to agree. It has been amazingly good to have her here with us this past month. Next week she will be heading home again. I am going to miss her terribly.

5 comments:

  1. I actually clicked on it because it looked like it might be a picture of her.

    I have the same problem with my eyes as you do, it takes them a couple of days to recover from a good cry. I wonder if allergies has something to do with the long recovery. Big hugs! See you tomorrow,

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good and we thank him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful!! I continue to pray for you!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankful for first steps. When they start out on the Rock, there are likely to be more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh asked who the picture was of, and I asked him who it looked like. Guess who he said?

    ReplyDelete