Friday, January 27, 2012

A Bit of Bouncing

Yesterday was a kid day. Though I was missing one little guy due to illness, we made up for it by having two other friends for the morning. The living room floor was covered with toys. Play food, toy cars, and dishes were strewn across the carpet and three small children danced amongst the Beanie Babies.

I had a brief encounter with one small escapee, but quickly chased him down. Good thing I was wearing my slippers and can run faster than a two year old! The door will need to be locked when he visits from now on otherwise we'll need to reinstall the "garden gate".

After the escape attempt, couch jumping seemed a rather benign activity. On "normal" days I would discourage bouncing on the couch, but after my run around Barn 1, I was glad for a safe alternative to children running shoeless through the yard. I was relieved to have both boys safe inside the house.

Can you tell which boy's socks are drying by the wood stove? Luckily they were dry by the time his mommy returned.

7 comments:

  1. HaHaHa ~~ What a morning.... I could just picture you running in your slippers...no one there to catch you on video???

    What cute little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully, no one thought to grab the camera, probably because Grandmanita had gone home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the image. Thankfully, there was not 9 inches of snow on the ground either!
    On an unrelated note - I love the print of your sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, he's a cute little escapee anyway...bare feet and all! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had just commented on how good he was this year. Now I'm thinking of installing a door alarm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew, you are one fast grandma! Has he always been an escape artist? I can't remember the darling little sister's name.. She looks like a Teal. They all do, duh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. None of these are Teals, and yes, he has always been an escape artist.

    ReplyDelete