Saturday, January 07, 2012

And That's the Truth

The truth is my son is not talking to us. He is angry. We have apologized for words spoken under pressure and in frustration, but he is unwilling to forgive us for the events of last fall. Sadly, he is only validating our decision not to rent him my mother's house.

My little grand- children were here on Christmas day for a few hours, but I haven't seen them since. I don't think Dave will be showing up here any time soon, and we are not welcome at his house. I have been told, "I don't want you here." We are blocked from his Facebook page.

So anyway, I am trying not to think of sweet, small faces and little voices. I can't let my son's anger control my life and make me miserable. I must choose instead to trust the One who holds the world in His hands. He will watch over my son and his family and He will take care of me. I will be here waiting, praying for my boy's return. In the meantime, I will love the little ones who God brings into my home and play "Grammy" to them as often as I am allowed.

Between the fire and death of a friend/family member and his sons, my own son's anger, and other recent family  issues, maybe you can forgive me for not "Lookin' Up" quite the way I'm used to... I covet your prayers and thank you ahead of time.

11 comments:

  1. I wrote whole twenty sentences about how I feel. Had to look up pastorial and totally lost the whole thing.
    Strike of Divine Intervention that.

    So in short. He's being childish, and may need professional help for depression. A good dose of pastorial help couldn't hurt.. or maybe..
    And now I shut up.
    love you, and you remain in my thoughts and prayers,.. you to Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Marty. I can't imagine one of my kids doing this to me, must really hurt. You are right though, you can't let it control your life, keep looking up. We are praying for Dave and his family. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray friend. I am sad for your hurt. I hope the best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Hang in there though, Martha, you know not to return evil for evil, just keep your own heart pure and he will come around. Hugs to you - not seeing those grandchildren sounds very painful. I will pray for you, that you can endure in this and keep forgiveness in your heart.

    della

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto what the others, and Della said.. hurting, thinking and praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will keep praying, Martha. I am so sorry. Oh the very thought of it makes me ache. I am so sorry.

    I will pray for restoration and healing. I will also pray that you will find Looking Up easier, comforting, and fortifying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Martha, my heart just breaks. I have been praying for you and your family so much. I love you and pray that this storm will soon pass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Believe me when I say I know how you feel. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete