Monday, January 09, 2012

No Tears

I want you to know that I am not wallowing in despair over my son's decisions. If I feel guilty at all, it is because there is an element of relief, relief in knowing that I did nothing to warrant this present tirade and that it is not my responsibility to "fix" my son's problems. As he has said, he is a big boy now, and it is up to him to make his own choices and face the consequences. My house is peaceful, children frequent my arms, and I am not unhappy. Sadly, something tells me this is not a short term situation, so if photos and stories of his little ones are absent, you will understand.


There is no shortage of children here. Emma comes to get on and off the school bus each day, Alex and Asher keep me company several times a week (one four days and the other two), and Josh pops in with his mom frequently. Vinnie and his little sister feel like surrogate grandchildren and show up here and there as needed. I love them all! Toys continue to be strewn across my floors, the high chair gets regular use, and I still buy things like apple juice and animal crackers. Please don't feel sorry for me, just keep my son in prayer.

2 comments: