Sunday, January 22, 2012

Talk More, Write Less...

... or was it "write more, talk less"?

I find can get into trouble either way, and the last few weeks prove that. No matter how good my intentions, I still fail often. It has been another painful week. There have been moments of hope and others of complete despair. I've found myself unable to write, unable to pretend all was well when in actuality it felt like my entire family was falling apart. On one hand I have sought forgiveness, and on another have been asked to forgive. I have been made aware of my own error, one I will own up to, and been reminded of past events that can never be undone. As I endeavor to forgive and move on, I pray others will do the same. There is only one direction to go from here, and that is forward. There can be no looking back.

So are we to write more and talk less, or talk more and write less? I find writing typically gets me into less trouble as I am able to read and rewrite a message before it is delivered. Not only can I edit the written word, but I can erase it altogether, or hold off on sending it at all... Then again, if I mess up and send it off... Well, maybe I won't think about that right now.

8 comments:

  1. I resinate with much of what you have said. I think I'm better of writing for the very reasons you suggested. I can hit the "delete" button. Wish I had one of those on my mouth from time to time.

    Why is the the ones we love the most and are closest to us... But we do move forward...with a hope and a future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember that "friend of a friend?
    Well, she told my friend and my friend told me... that thing?? moving forward and doing it with the grace of God is good. You are Good.
    God is Great and other people are crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the forgiveness goes both ways and mercy and grace and maturity cover everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please pray for Dave. He is being checked over in the ER tonight. He passed out in his kitchen this morning and thinks he may have had a seizure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always read. Know I'm praying. He is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They didn't find anything wrong at the hospital last night. Perhaps the episode was stress induced. Continued prayers are appreciated.

    And I have a word verification of "stessess"? (I'm not signed in yet...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for forgiveness all around:-)

    ReplyDelete