Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Quiet and Overcast

Today I went to Ladies' Prayer at Calvary Chapel and ran errands. Hannah and I had two small boys to watch, so she stayed with them at the church (during Bible study) while I ran about taking care of business and buying some fruits and vegetables.

So far this winter we have had little to no snow. No need to shovel sidewalks or have the driveway plowed. Kind of nice in a lot of ways. Of course, this could change at any time. I am well aware of that. But, yesterday I saw a robin sitting in one of our maple trees when I went out to the bus stop with Emma. I hope he knows what he's doing.


I have managed to lose one of my brand new alpaca wool mittens already. I took them on my way out the door Sunday when we took off for Canada and discovered one missing when we were at Gail's house in Fort Erie. I suppose it is laying lost and lonely somewhere on Transit Rd. in Buffalo where we stopped for gas (our gas cap was stuck and James had to break it off...), ran in Loews Home Improvement, and grabbed a snack at Mighty Taco. Ah well, at least it is not the only pair of mittens in my possession, even if they were the most expensive, and I am not outside building snowmen or shoveling the walk.

6 comments:

  1. Whatcha gona do with one mitten.. that is really really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps I will save it and buy another pair next year. Then I'll have a spare. Or, maybe I will write the company and see if they sell stray mittens...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the mitten...but I do love that snowman. He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know your mitten was new! I thought it was from a few years back. :( So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought them at the Webster Farmer's Market in September.

    http://www.northwoodsalpacas.com/

    ReplyDelete