Friday, October 02, 2009

Something to Smile About

In the midst of the sorrow, we find bits of sunshine. Two weeks ago we learned that we will be grandparents again in April. Lucas is going to be a big brother. Maybe the baby will come on Dad's birthday.

Over the weekend I also found my nephew, my brother Dan's son. (He is the baby shown here with his mom and dad.) This is really special because we haven't had much contact with him through the years. We are sharing photos on Facebook and hope to get acquainted that way. He brings to the family another great grandson for Mom and Dad. His little guy is just seven months old. I am really looking forward to getting to know him and his family.

Dad's memorial service is set for next Saturday. I am sifting through old photos...

2 comments:

  1. Smiling comes easy when you have peace in your heart, eh? hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing someone always sends us to the box of pictures. I said after my mom passed away, I was going to really organize the pics... I didn't. I still have a huge box.
    I love the picture of you nephew and the tree and parents...
    FB is a good way to keep in touch. I find I just don't have the time right now. Maybe soon, only have 7 days to go.
    Love and Hugs
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete