Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Scariness

Thanks to my dear son, Dave, Nathan was able to take his driver's test this morning. I'm not sure whether I should be "happy" to report it or not, but he did pass and now has a full fledged driver's license. SCARY!!! Every time one of my kids gets a license, it is scary. I think it is one of the scariest things I have had to face, and this is the fifth time. It's scary enough climbing into the passenger seat when they get behind the wheel for the first time, but knowing they will soon drive off without me is even more frightening... Who will be there to tell him to slow down? Will he notice all those stop signs and red lights? What if it snows?!!! You can bet I will be praying those first several times he ventures out on his own. I should have callouses on my knees by now with five kids driving. Two more to go... Good thing Ben has another two years before he can get a permit or my knees might wear out altogether!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for Nate! I can imagine that must be pretty scary!

    What on earth is up with that picture? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I split the picture in two and mirrored 1/2 of it. Cool, huh?

    You know, when you're small, growing up sounds like great fun. "When I get my liscense..." "When I move out..." "When I get married..." "When I have kids..." etcetera, etcetera.

    Now that it's upon me, I'm scared too, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling!!

    Congratulations to your son !

    ReplyDelete