Sunday, March 02, 2008

Bright, Bright, Bright, Sunshiney Day!

It is no longer bitterly cold outside. Today the sun shone bright and warmed up our world just a little bit. I took my camera and went out to see what was going on in my backyard. The cattails and thistles are standing stubbornly along the drainage ditch. They have weathered rain, snow, ice, and wind and are as beautiful now as they were in early autumn.


I found Oreo hanging out on the front porch of "Hannah's Place". He was happy to see me and when I bent down to take a picture of some dry weeds, he hopped up on my shoulder to say hello. He sunk his claws into my jacket and rubbed his face on my cheek several times before jumping down again.


Jasmine, who left the house when I did, was just glad to have some company out there. Playing in the snow alone is just not as much fun as playing with a friend. She ran in circles, chewed on a few blades of grass, and ate a mouthful of snow. She left some very nice "three-legged dog tracks" in the otherwise untouched snow.

5 comments:

  1. I like your picture ~~ I was thinking of doing the same thing ~~taking my camera outside to see if I could find a good "Monday Show and Tell".

    Love the cat picture - nice kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS a beautiful day! I took advantage of it and took Koty for a nice long walk. We saw lots of people to say hello to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the beautiful blue sky made it out your way! We had it Friday and Saturday, with temps in the high 60s even, but now it's gray and raining, with a forecast of ice and snow again tonight. I feel like I'm on a yo-yo. That was nice of Oreo to welcome you back outside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybody's singing. Sunshine day, everybody's smiling so happy and gay....it's a sunshine day!

    Oreo looks adorable on your shoulder. That seems an interesting thing for a cat to do. Maybe half parrot?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post! Very lovely photos. What a nice cat! And the three legged foot prints are just funny!

    ReplyDelete