Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Cake Runneth Over

I have a renewed interest in my Red Plaid Cookbook. This afternoon I decided to make Kaffee Kuchen. The recipe called for a 9 x 9 x 2" pan. I didn't have one. The best I could do was an 8" round. Knowing I was short on baking room, I greased two pans, but decided there wasn't enough to fill both. I put it into one pan and set it on a tray, "just incase". The good news is that it tastes yummy and didn't end up all over the bottom of my oven, even if it was slightly volcanic. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow, increase the recipe by half, and bake it in a 9 x 13" pan.

12 comments:

  1. You make me laugh!
    The cake looks yummy!
    Can you please 'beam' me a piece, 'Scotty'?
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, of course I can, Gudl! I added some almond slices under the topping. Would be delicious with a cup of hot coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I've had that happen too. Glad you put it on a backing tray so you didn't have to clean your oven.

    It does look yummy....I'll take a piece too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take a piece too, please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They lie... It doesn't look good. But it sure did taste good! So try again, please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I too late to get a piece too? Bethany's comment makes me think it disappeared quickly! Maybe I'll have to bake something this weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you aren't too late, Joeks. Even if Nathan did just finish the last piece, I was going to make another. Hopefully this one will turn out much prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops! Still looks delicious, though. And you were smart enough to put a pan under it...way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cake still hasn't arrived here...:-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Try it again tomorrow? It must have been good. I am glad it didn't run all over your oven.

    ReplyDelete