Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Whatever Floats Your Boat


The balmy spring temperatures are not forecast to stay with us long, so this morning we decided to venture outside even though there is not much out there but mud and water. The kids found some old cabinets waiting to be burned and pulled them out of the junk pile to use as boats. It reminded me of a poem my dad used to read when we were kids. (If I were a one-legged pirate, ga-lumping around on a peg...) Troy wasn't as impressed as they had anticipated. Maybe if it had been a real boat he would have been more excited.
I was surprised this morning at how much snow melted overnight. There is now more grass showing than there is snow. Well, maybe the water is about equal with the grass...

10 comments:

  1. Even though cooler temperatures are coming, even additional snow, I really don't think it will last. It's amazing how quickly the snow melted! Dave and I went to bed at 12:30 am and it was still 56 degrees outside.

    Wow, is that Teal Lake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the pictures of spring, and kids using imaginations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The warmer temperatures have been wonderful! It has been so nice going into work without boots, hat, gloves, and all the winter paraphernalia these past couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a little scary with all the water around. How long does your lake usually last?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems to last longer every year! We will eventually run a pump and pipe the water into a drainage ditch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like fun. Did the kids get soaked? I remember thinking as a kid that one of those red plastic sleds looked like a boat but it didn't really float when I got in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have a pond in my yard. I must keep Sherman on a line since he enjoys going in the water. He's been such a muddy mess everytime he needs to go out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kids all eneded up with wet feet but otherwise they weren't too bad.

    Priscilla, Sherm would have lots of fun in my backyard! Luckily, Jazzy stays out of the water and I only have to put up with her three muddy feet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so lucky that the grass is green there! We had 60+ degree weather the other day and a lot of the snow is melted but the grass is brown. My Hugolie dog will walk through anything, he'd like to swim in that pond of yours. He desperately needs a bath.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is nice to see kids play outside!
    Re. the snow...it snowed again this morning! Our world is all white again and I hear more to come!! Oh well.

    ReplyDelete