Monday, March 12, 2007

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?


Daylight savings time... It came early this year but somehow my computer hasn't yet been informed of the change. It is now an hour behind and likely won't be "springing forward" for another couple weeks. My own body and brain are still struggling with the idea so I figure it might just be good to let this silly machine catch up with the time change in April. Stealing an hour of sleep from the general population, already wrestling with colds, the flu, and newly awakened allergies, seems rather cruel to me, but I have no influence over Father Time and so must submit to the discipline along with the rest of you. Likely by this time next week I will have adjusted and will be enjoying the extra hour of daylight and waking up a little bit closer to sunrise.

12 comments:

  1. I couldn't get my old computer at work to tell the right time either. I don't know what to think about daylights savings. It was nice to come home after work today and have it still look like day time instead of evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm.... my computer figured it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My upstairs computer figured it out...but not this one!

    I get up pretty early and I thought it had been nice waking up with sunlight....now I'm back to getting up in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My computer just wants to be absolutely certain before making the commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're funny Martha! Mine changed at home, but at work I had to change it. I love the longer days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought about changing the time on my 'puter, but if I do that, what happens in a few weeks when it is programed to do the change?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need about a week it seems to get use to the change! Nice to meet you by the way! Saw you on Prisilla's blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brett says there is a patch for the new time change and your 'puter would need that patch! I think he said it was on the Microsoft site....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not worried about it. It'll catch up eventually. Being behind the times isn't necessarily all bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. time who needs it, it is just one more thing to rush around about.....mmmm but I do like time to my self, so that extra hour less does effect me....mmmmmm but I do like the fact that the kids sleep in...mmmmm but my question is how come th animals don't.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah, who needs accurate time? I don't even wear a watch. Patch my 'puter?, ha,! My sewing machine is so far gone......lol. Circadian rhythm the internal time clock that makes roosters crow at dawn, an animal thing?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't like the time change, but what can you do... I LOVE getting my hour back in Fall!!

    ReplyDelete