Monday, March 26, 2007

Early Spring Walks



The snow is finally gone and we are able to take walks back in the orchard again. There is an abundance of mud and water. Wearing boots is definitely a good idea.

Hannah and I were able to walk twice last week, on Wednesday and Friday. The first day there was still a good amount of snow but by Friday there was very little left. Jasmine loves the walks too. For her they are more like runs and she always comes back home exausted.

The trees are still all bare and brown. Its hard to believe that in another six weeks or so they will be covered with pink blossoms. What a beautiful world God has created! I'm looking forward to enjoying the orchard in full bloom and will have to post another picture of our barns when the trees are flowering.

8 comments:

  1. Do you actually own the orchard? What kind of apples grow there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We own about 3 1/2 acres but only a few apple trees. The orchards that surround us used to be part of the property but were sold off several years back before we bought it. Maybe we have the best deal, we get to enjoy it without the hassle of caring for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be cool if you picked one spot in the orchard and did several seasonal photos. I like the barn in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, loving the up dates, and Ms. P. has a good Idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always loved your house in the spring!!Beth and I use to take lovely walks in the orchard and bikerides to the lake!!
    Hello Mrs.Teal!!This is Stephanie,Yeah I just got a blog finally.I am trying to figure out how to use it though!!If you have any info I'd love some help.
    Hope life is treating you well, and that you are excited about becomming a Grandma!!I am sure that you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am excited. I think it will be lots of fun!
    Welcome to the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The orchard looks beautiful and I can imagine how nice it is to take walk in it.

    ReplyDelete