Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Cat in the Hat Turns 50!


This afternoon while I was grocery shopping, I was lucky enough to meet my friend, The Cat in the Hat! He was having cake and celebrating his 50th birthday at Wegman's. I was so disappointed to have left my camera at home because, as my friends will tell you, he really is my favorite cat. I have misplaced my Cat in the Hat book and so I took this opportunity to purchase a birthday edition with which I hope to drive you all crazy the next time we meet. I'll be reading it to Troy when he returns on Monday morning and refreshing my memory. "The sun did not shine, it was too wet to play..."

5 comments:

  1. I like The Cat in the Hat, too!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So we sat in the house on that cold, cold, wet day."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Happy Birthday Cat. We do not have Wegnman's in the northwest, is it a grocery store? Sounds like a fun place to go if they have birthday partys for cool dudes like Cat in the Hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to read those rhyming books out loud to kids. I just don't have any kids to read to these days... :o(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Wegman's is a grocery store, a very nice one.

    Dr Seuss is one of my favorite authors to read to little people. And I used to call Ben and Hannah Thing 1 and Thing 2.

    ReplyDelete