Friday, March 16, 2007

Things Are Lookin 'Up (or not)




It's been cold the last couple days but the geese think spring is here. There are hundreds of them heading toward Lake Ontario every day, flying north. The sound of their honking calls me outside as they fly overhead.

There was also a pair of ducks out on Teal Lake yesterday afternoon. They'll be all settled in and ready to raise a family just when we get ready to pump the water out of the yard.

I was just informed of the snow expected tonight... Sure is cold enough for a blizzard!

8 comments:

  1. I didn't hear the forecast yet, but I read Gudl's comment on T's blog that we're supposed to get a storm. I'm not too happy about more snow, but I'm confident spring is just around the corner. I saw about 20 robins in our front yard today, but I was on my way to work so I didn't get a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hope your new snow doesn't last quite as long this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are lookin up. At least it is Friday. 20 Robins? That's a whole flock. I have never seen that before. Tracy, what is the temp out there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is a lot of robins. and Kristina, at 7:37PM it 68F, Ya'll keep warm and please, What is Teal Lake and how do you pump the water out of your yard?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teal Lake is what we call the "puddle" that collects between one of our barns and the orchard. When we moved here 6 yrs ago it was grass and now the drainage isn't working so it's more of a pond. We have a gasoline powered pump that we set out there and it pumps the water into the drainage ditch. If we didn't get rid of the water we would have a stagnant, stinking mess during those hot summer months. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I really do have to take time and read everyones whole blog! It probably end some of the questions. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house looks really dumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, Bethany, you sound just like your biggest brother!

    ReplyDelete