Sunday, December 31, 2006

Good Bye to 2006


In a few hours we will bid farewell to 2006 and usher in the new year, 2007. We are spending a quiet evening at home with our four youngest children, some snacks and a video. Nothing too special but very nice at the same time. I hope that during the coming year I can again find the special in the everyday, ordinary aspects of life. I have had so much to be thankful for in 2006. Here are just a few...
1. A new nephew born in April, and a chance to meet him in October. He's beautiful!
2. A new brother in law and an opportunity to attend the wedding and see the whole family in New Mexico.
3. Being able to fly to Albuquerque with Grandmanita and Lee Anne and landing safely in Buffalo. (It was a rather "bouncy" landing.)
4. Having Grandma and Lee Anne stay with us for a couple of weeks. I hope they'll come back again sometime soon.
5. All the Sunday afternoons, family Bible studies, and special occasions we spend with our kids.
6. A productive vegetable garden. (I even made pickles and froze sweet corn!)
7. A 25th anniversary celebration. Our kids threw us a surprise party back on Father's Day.
8. A weekend get away at The Quiet Place with James. (Our kids bought it for our anniversary.)
9. Babysitting Troy. He's a lot of fun and very cute.
10. Holidays spent with family.
11. "Meeting" all my blog friends.
12. Orchard walks this fall. I haven't walked so much in years and I loved it.
13. And... I'm thankful for both the photos I've taken and the blogs I've written to help me remember all of the blessings of 2006.

5 comments:

  1. I too have so very many things to be thankful for this past year and I know that in the coming year God will provide many more.
    I have been reminded recently of the power that words contain within them and as I was pondering the many aspects of this I thought how very intriguing it is that God has chosen to be this very thing to us. John 1.1 In the begining was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him and without Him was not anything made that was made.-------And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us (and we beheld His glory the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. What an absolutely marvelous thing that God who can do anything he desires, (Ps 115.3 But our God is in the heavens; he hath done whatsoever he has pleased) has chosen to reveal himself in the Word. To those of us left to dwell on this earth for a short period that is what we have of Him who loves us so dear, we have His Word. That I believe is what I am most thankful for this year. Nothing else really compares to that for in that I am more fully able to appreciate all the other blessings that God has provided me. Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable [are] his judgments, and his ways past finding out! Praise God for all his loving kindnesses that He has givin! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said, James and Martha!
    You speak from my heart.
    I wish you all the best for 2007.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Martha (and James too :)! We've all been blessed beyond what we even can comprehend!! It's sooo easy to forget all the little blessings - even the big ones - that God gives us daily. I'm thankful for friends that continually remind me of God's goodness and that point me right back to him when I get off track!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year you guys! It is amazing how much we are blessed! I am reminded of this on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete