Saturday, December 02, 2006

Cold Weather


After a week of unseasonably warm temperatures, the cold weather is finally moving in. Yesterday we got another dousing of rain and if it gets very cold soon, we'll have a terrific skating rink out back. The wind blew hard all night long and it's rather chilly today but we still don't have any snow.

This afternoon Rachel and I went back out to the Craft and Antique Co-op, finished walking the bottom floor and then stopped at Wendy's for a Frosty. It was a nice relaxed time. I needed a chance to go out and relax with a friend. In this case my friend was also my sister. Thanks Rach, even though neither of us bought anything, it was a productive time for me.

Before heading home I did some shopping at Wegman's where I ran into my friend, Cindy. Funny thing is I had just seen her this morning at the post office where I rarely ever stop. Ever wonder how we can go for years without seeing someone and then run into them over and over in a rather short period of time?

Maybe the Lord is putting us back together after all these years... (Hey Cindy, if you're out there, leave me a comment. )

3 comments:

  1. I had fun this afternoon too! I keep thinking about that black chest. I told Dave all about it. You can't go wrong for that price, and we need a coffee table. Tomorrow we will get our Christmas tree with the kids, so I doubt we'll go back out there. The frosty was so tasty after shopping. I think we've missed out on shopping together all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. It's good sister time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a nice time. We went to Corning Glass Museum. They had free admission for the public and Audra had a meet at one of thier high schools.

    ReplyDelete