Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christmasy Stuff



Well, I've ordered a few gifts and am thinking hard on the others. This weekend I'm hoping that we can get a tree and decorate it. Maybe that will help with the "lost" feeling I have had the past couple of weeks. I am always at a loss as to how to get into the Christmas spirit. Sometimes I feel as though I am wandering aimlessly and getting nothing accomplished at all.

My favorite husband put together and installed this mantle last weekend. The house is all decorated for the season and looking quite festive. I know that there are many houses that are lavishly decorated and the air is filled with anticipation but something is still missing. Where is Jesus in all of the excitement? Do they even notice He is missing?

Last year our church had a children's Christmas program. The program itself was very short but they had worked hard ahead of time on learning the parts and songs, painting the backdrops and building the props. Bethany's wedding was somewhat Christmas like too and we also had a Christmas piano recital for Ben and Hannah. They were all holiday happenings to look forward to attending but this year there isn't any children's Christmas program or piano recital so I'm thinking I may have to look around and see if I can find another Christmas celebration to attend. Any good ideas?

10 comments:

  1. I have to agree that mst people get too caught up in the commercial aspect and forget the real reason for the season. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree also. It's pretty sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. James did a beautiful job on that mantel by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. at first i thought you meant that he installed it at your house...but i realized you meant somewhere else.

    I don't have any real ideas. remember our game party last year? we should do that again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Priscilla- I think we should do that again too, that was fun! I love to laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The game party was great!It's definitely one to do again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, a game party, a BIG game party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I want to come to the game party! the BIG game party. what kinda games by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I want to come to the game party! the BIG game party. what kinda games by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry about the repeat.... i do not know what is happening! erase one or two please

    ReplyDelete