Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Settling in to Winter




Now that Christmas is behind us and the snow is starting to fall, it feels like winter is settling in. I'm not sure if I'm ready for it or not but it is inevitable so I may as well not fight it. Probably the best thing to do is take an inventory of what needs to be done and get those things accomplished. Cold wintery weather is a good time to do school work, scrapbook photos, work on paint projects, or any other number of things. It's a good time to read a book, bake cookies, or take nice long naps. Maybe I could write some letters, work on crocheting or start sewing something wonderful. I definitely can't work on my garden or paint the house and orchard walks aren't quite as enjoyable but there is plenty to do. Better get going and see what kind of stuff I have to work on!
Oh yes, there were a couple of sleepy people here on Christmas. Aren't they sweet?

12 comments:

  1. Did you put sedatives in their food or drink?

    I read in the paper this morning that this little bit of snow won't last. It's supposed to be in the 40's for most of the week. I was actually hoping we could go sledding with the boys this week. Oh well, maybe we'll clean our basement or some closets instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you could go visit long lost friends! :) I'll be over in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah cause cleaning the basement is soooo much more fun than sledding.
    ;). do you guys not have any mountians that you can drive to and find snow? thats how we always have to do if we want to sled or play in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, no mountains around here, and our snow that we got this morning is just about melted. I did just clean the basement by the way, and it was SO satisfying to get rid of so much junk. I've been on a cleaning frenzy today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, our snow here in Wayne county is not just about melted yet. We still have a pretty good amount. Those bands of Lake effect snow can drop different amounts within a short distance. The girls are going outside to finish the snow fort they started before lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went to Rochester Museum ans Science center today and there was a weather station set up...so the kids (or adults) could pretend to do the weather in front of a green screen. They had footage of the blizzard of 1999. We sure did get a lot of snow back then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have any snow or mountains. Come to think of it I don't have a basement either. Plenty to do though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we don't have a basement but we do have a garage. however I am only aloud to clean my side.:(
    but don't think that stops me! I clean his side when he is not looken. ;P and one time I rented a dumster and when it showed up is when he found out it was garage day....LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. People are always falling asleep at your house, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, they are pretty cute... Okay, so I was real tired and couldn't help fallin' asleep. That's what Christmas is good for right? Fallin' asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Heather!
    Can you come over? I'll let you sleep on the couch too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your sleeping kids look very cute!!

    ReplyDelete