Wednesday, August 14, 2019

God Knew

God is always in control. A sweet child of mine had a medical emergency this past weekend. I first heard of the trouble through a text Sunday morning while I was still in New Jersey. The request was for prayer. The surgery didn't happen until Monday. Emergency surgery. Life-saving emergency surgery.  Strange how sometimes things just happen, things beyond our control, and God just shows up. And then He waits to see if we notice He knew all along.

I may have been far away on Sunday morning, but on Monday I was back home, and not only was I home, but I didn't have to be at work until one o'clock in the afternoon. I had a doctor appointment at 10:45 am  and had originally planned to be at work on time and leave at 10 am, but my boss asked if I could come in at one and stay until six instead. Going in so late gave me plenty of time to run an errand to retrieve some grandchildren. After my appointment I had time to run in Wegmans and pick up a few lunch items for a grandkid lunch, take them home, and still arrive at work on time. Timing is everything and I find God's ability to arrange schedules quite astounding. (He's done this before...)

My child in need is home recovering. I was able to pay a visit last night after work. (Keeping the details vague. Perhaps this child of mine will tell the story one day or allow me to share. For now I'm respecting privacy and trying not to overstep boundaries.) Let me tell you, I am a much blessed mom.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, God's timing is always perfect...sometimes we don't see it until it becomes hindsight though.
    I like how you stated how God sometimes waits to see if we noticed His awareness all along. That speaks to me. It sounds like you had a great day after all, especially when you could be with the Grands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's been working overtime with me this week, and He's so good at it.
      I was blessed to help out in even a small way, and also blessed to see a sibling step up and help. Makes my heart swell.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. God's timing is perfect and even when we completely don't realize that He is in control!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. And I must remember this even when things don't work out as I hope. Those are the hardest lessons. But He is ALWAYS good.

      Delete