Tuesday, August 06, 2019

The Gift of a Song

Weekends have been emotional lately and this past one was no exception. The road to healing is long and often difficult. I am constantly aware of the journey. Sometimes I'm not sure how to go on, but Jesus always knows that.

I am grieving on multiple fronts. One of the losses is the piece of property on Shepherd Rd. in Williamson. It was everything I ever could have wanted in a home. I soaked it in, tucked memories away, and thanked God for how He had blessed us with such a place. It is no wonder my heart aches... But God. He knows the ache I carry deep inside. He knows I can't go home, and so this morning He gave me a song.

August 10, 2013 titled "Blessed"

I've heard the song before, but it touched me in a different way this morning. The car radio had just turned on when I heard the words.  

"... Yesterday's a closing door 
You don't live there anymore 
Say goodbye to where you've been 
And tell your heart to beat again..."

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it just like our wonderful Lord to drop healing balm into our soul when we need it desperately?
    Amazing song from a guy that truly knows about those words first hand.
    Love it and love you for sharing your journey.
    You can and WILL do this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS just like Him, so why do I always question His presence? He keeps reminding me that He is here, that He loves me, and that He will always take care of me, but I keep taking my eyes off of Him... I am beginning to realize why. In spite of my doubts and struggles. He continues to hold me. Isn't that just like Him too?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah... but I know everything is going to be alright. I don't know how, and I don't know when. I only know it will be.

      Delete