Friday, August 23, 2019

Bits and Pieces

The week has flown by. It's been a busy one. Since I haven't posted since Sunday, it's the perfect time for some Bits and Pieces.

* Sunday- Rachel and I went to visit our brother Tim, and later in the evening James and I had a bite to eat at Red Robin.

* Monday- I had a chiropractor appointment after work, and then went to the pottery studio for a bit. I played in the mud and left a few creations on my shelf when I departed. They'll be ready for the first firing by the time I return.

* Tuesday- I met my good friend Shelly at Jeremiah's after work. We sat on the patio, ate our dinners, and talked until I began to wonder if the waitress thought we might stay forever. We moved ourselves from the table to some empty chair by the fire pit, and talked until we couldn't sit still and went to look for the restrooms. Once relieved, we headed next door to Panera, bought  two soft drinks, and sat on their patio until it was getting dark and time to go home.

* Wednesday- I received a text from my sister Priscilla inviting me to dinner. I accepted with a smile. :0) We took a walk through an historic neighborhood after supper. It was a nice visit, a nice walk, and a nice evening.

* Thursday- I had time to come home after work and change my clothes before heading out to my women's meeting.

* Friday- I'm spending the evening here at home. There is a Cousins Gathering here in the living room. Two of my kids, two of Priscilla's, and two of Rachel's. I am sitting on the fringes listening to them interact. It's nice to see them get together on their own. My niece will be leaving Monday for a four month stay in Italy and they wanted a cousin night before she goes away. I love that.

* Tomorrow I have an early morning appointment with my counselor. Afterward I'm meeting a friend for breakfast, and then we're going to visit the sunflower fields down the road.

I hope there are still some things left to do next week. Ha ha!

4 comments:

  1. ...a week seems to go by in a flash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does!
      And the weekend even faster. I guess that means weekends are "flashier." Ha ha!
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I am so happy you are getting out and about.
    It puts a smile in your heart...just like those sunflowers.
    Your week was far busier than mine.
    The most exciting things we did was join the chaos at Costco and pay some bills...Gosh, I lead an unbelievable Life...(:0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a great week. Didn't get to the sunflowers today, maybe tomorrow, but I did meet my friend for breakfast. It was a very nice day.
      Costco Chaos! Now there's some fun.
      :0)

      Delete