Thursday, August 29, 2019

And Now A Word From Our Sponsor...

There is a heaviness in my soul tonight. It's been a week of bad eating and not drinking enough water. I would like to believe a diet of ice cream, donuts, and root beer is okay, but the truth is something much different. It isn't good for my body, and it isn't good for my heart and soul. I've been feeling so  much better the past couple weeks. I know tough patches are inevitable and I will get through this one too. God is good every day.

It was a wild day at work. We are short staffed and the center will soon be filled with children for the coming school year. I not only fixed lunch for 44 children, but managed to find some extra time to help with lunch breaks for three coworkers. Every half hour extra helps on days like today. I stayed 45 minutes extra, sat with the school aged group, and took them outside at the end of the day. There were a couple who desperately needed attitude adjustments. I benched one of them who then proceeded to tell m e there were "poisonous caterpillars" on the bench earlier this afternoon ad did I want him to get bitten by poisonous caterpillars? I said "yes."

Tonight Hannah, Idris, and I went for a walk in Hobby Lobby. We'd plan to only look and not buy... Ha ha! We only bough a couple little things. And they were on sale. Except for my bag of Halloween Spider Confetti. It's not a "fall item." Who knew? My new Christmas snowman was 40% off, and so was the Thanksgiving crow that hopped into our cart.

And now it's bedtime. Time to find an old Sunday sermon to play while I settle down under the covers...

8 comments:

  1. ...thanks for the sunny start to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been "bad" too and have gone off my diet...
    Enjoying it while putting things in my mouth and then feeling absolutely lousy afterward.
    I just never learn,,,
    Some days certainly are wild and I'm glad you survived yours. You are such an asset to the school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is eating healthy so difficult when it tastes so good? I guess it follows the pleasure in junk food for a season rule...
      I do love those little people!
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Talking about Sunday sermons, Dave and I listened to Sundays a few nights ago, and found ourselves very distracted by her style.
    I have been eating really bad and need to get back on track as soon as we leave here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was easier to listen to in person.
      Another sister cleanse?
      :0)

      Delete
  4. Wait, you guys thought you were just "going for a walk" in Hobby Lobby? That's kind of funny. Well, really funny. :)

    ReplyDelete