Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Hunks and Chunks

Lots of thoughts fluttering about my little mind this evening...

* I wear my sneakers (tennis shoes) every day at work, but after work I pull them off, toss them into my car, and slip on my cozy Teva Mush flip flops. The next morning I either go out to my car in socks or wear the flip flops and carry my socks to put on when I get to work. This morning I put the socks on. I'd already taken my purse and water bottle out to the car, come back in for my tea and lunch bag, and was on my way out again when a sudden thought struck me. My shoes were not in the car! They were sitting along the wall in the laundry room where I'd left them last night when I came home from the pottery studio... I almost went to work in socks. Ha ha! I'm getting blonder every day!

* Last night I made one of my frequent visits to the chiropractor. My lower back started acting up several years ago and continues to do so today. Years of lifting "too heavy" objects, carrying children on my hip, and two years of sitting in a chair in a memory care unit (previous job) have taken their toll. My current occupation, though much better for my morale, isn't always great on my back either. Yesterday was one of my more painful days. One in which I find myself limping until I get moving a little. I asked the doctor if perhaps I should let my primary care physician send me for the MRI he wanted me to get back in May... but he told me an MRI is what you do when you are planning surgery, "and you don't need that," he said. He set me up with the tens unit and some heat, stretched my back a little, and gave me a couple of pops. Today I felt much better.

* I joined a women's small group at church and tonight was our first official meeting. I'm feeling good about it already. No wildly waving red flags tonight like there were at the beginning of last year's step study. God is good. I'm holding His hand and letting Him lead the way.

* Some thoughts are heavy, like the situation I found myself in yesterday. It was one of those moments where doing the right thing is terribly hard. I hope I don't face this one again in the future because what I will need to do then feels impossible today. The thing is though, God has already been with me in the doing of impossible things, and He always has my back.

* Photos from our trip to the Sunflower Farm on Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. I can identify. More than once I went grocery shopping or even to work in my bedroom slippers. I'm a quilter and have been known to venture out with a thimble on my finger...as long as we remember our pants, we're okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I've gone out without my mascara before, it's the only make-up I wear, and felt totally naked! But I haven't yet forgotten my pants.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Your small group sounds like the perfect fit for you. I'm so glad you are plugging into it. We all need a safe place to just be ourselves. I feel that way about our small group too.
    Too funny on your socks episode...it would have made for an interesting day, to say the least.
    I'm glad you could get some relief from your back pain. When that hurts, everything hurts.
    Have a great rest of your day.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on a roll with those blond moments. As for the small group, I am looking forward to growing and learning with this new group of ladies.
      :0)

      Delete