Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Bits and Pieces

Time is slipping away and thus the "Bits and Pieces."

* Rachel and I visited our brother early Saturday afternoon and I drove home to Williamson in the late afternoon hours. James is fixing up the house. He finished the upstairs floors and rebuilt the banister that goes around the opening. The furniture has been rearranged to stage the house for sale. Bethany and Leta were there to help him clean and arrange.

* On Sunday I went to Mendon Ponds with Hannah, Sergio, and Number Nine.

* On Sunday evening I went to my sister Priscilla's house for supper. We had a yummy vegetable soup, fresh bread and butter, and hot tea. It was a nice time.

* Monday. We have a new baby at work. She threw up all over me while the regular baby teacher was on break. Ha ha!

* I was able to sleep an hour later on Tuesday morning, and went to a training in Rochester at 9 am before heading into work. It was nice to sit and relax a little in the morning before going out the door.

* On Tuesday afternoon I snuggled that new baby for 45 minutes while the others took naps. There is no better therapy (for me) than to hold a snuggly, sleepy baby. (And I get paid for this?)

* Stayed late, until 6 pm, on Tuesday night. made it to the chiropractor by 6:30 and to a newish support group meeting by 7 pm.

* Mondays and Wednesdays are Jo Jo days at work. My friend Jonah comes just those days. I was blessed once again to have a spot of free time to sit and play with him, to love on him, and watch him smile before it was time to pass out afternoon snacks. He likes my work badge and keeps telling me it's "Nana."

* I am finding myself more relaxed in my own skin than ever before in my life. Once in a while the fear and insecurities sneak up on me again, but the good feelings are finally outweighing the bad.

1 comment: